Dental care is important to the health and longevity of your pet. Letting tooth plaque and gingivitis go unchecked can cause issues for the kidneys, heart, immune system, and overall health.
Good preventative care at home, as well as quality professional cleanings, can help keep your pet healthy longer into their senior years.
Many pets do not show evidence of oral disease, but owners can be surprised by their improvement after a cleaning and removal of diseased teeth.
Dental services at our clinic
- Complete oral examinations
- Home preventative care
- Professional cleanings – All performed under general anesthesia
- Ultrasonic scaling
- High speed polishing
- Assessment of gums and oral cavity
- Surgical extraction of compromised or infected teeth
- Dental digital radiographs (x-ray)
The Veterinary Oral Health Council helps direct owners towards dental products that are more effective on tartar. There are also some good educational articles about dental health in our pets.